Saturday, March 13, 2010

Life Saver

For those of you that don't know on December 30 2006 my father David passed away after a 20 month battle with brain cancer. at this point in my life i was drinking heavily, using drugs, leading a very sedentary and directionless life. During the few months after his death i went from a already overweight 205 pounds to 245 pounds, things sucked and i was really down on life. then i wok up one day put on my running shoes and took off. Since then ive run twin cities marathon twice, competed in numerous mountain biking events, and have dropped 75 pounds to my current 170. what ive learned in this time is that exercise is a life saver. it has given me direction in my life, when things are down, i can get on my bike, or go for a run, and push all my frustrations and anger into my pace. the more upset i am, the harder and faster i can go for. at the end i am physically drained, but emotionally rejuvenated. 

3 comments:

  1. Oop, by chuggin I mean movin. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dan's such an enabler. Thanks for sharing - I knew you used to big, not why.
    Glad you were able to turn the corner and get things going the right way.

    ReplyDelete