Monday, March 8, 2010

let downs

just when things are for once going right in my life. people continue to let me down. as a kid i always struggled to make friends. maybe its because i was always a little awkward as a child, or maybe its because ive always valued the importance of a true relationship over simple friendship, because of this i don't have many friends. However the people that  i have in my life are solid dependable people that i let into my life, because ive taken the time to determine if i really want them apart of my life. this winter i took a gamble and let someone in very close to me, and let myself be very close with them in a very short period of time. in this period of time i feel that i developed a relationship with another person that would have other wise taken months to develop. things were great till they decided that they would rather be a friend, than foster a relationship. the question i know struggle with is wither or not i can let my self be their friend, because when it comes to friendship i would rather be 100 percent in and have few dependable people close to me, or nothing at all. i feel as if i have let myself down, by letting something so great, develop in such a short time.

2 comments:

  1. Ugh - that's frustrating. It's probably going to be hard to see that person as a friend from now on. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha. I still remember chucking the phone to the ground in disgust back in college days after getting the "friends" line. Be the big man, suck it up, and go ahead and be friends. You'll be glad you did. :)

    ReplyDelete