Friday, February 17, 2012

Flat

The joys of commuting started for me about 4 years ago, besides the random crash or ten on ice, ive had a very mechanical free experience. yesterday i blew the sidewall out of my tire. first flat in 4 years of commuting. i really wasn't too concerned. called work, told them i would be late, and got around to fixing my shit. booted the sidewall with a dollar bill, put a tube in and went on my way.

what really bothered me however, was the lack of general concern by the community. i was pulled up on the side of a busy road with very minimal shoulder, and not a single individual slowed up, pulled over, or asked if i was ok. maybe it had to do with the clothing i was wearing or the manner i was carrying my self, or maybe its just that people don't give a fuck and don't want to step out side of their daily routine. 

either way if you always ever see some one on the side of the road, please stop and see if their ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment