Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Dans GSR lives Again.

So a while back Dan hooked me up with a GSR Zucherro road frame set with some campy stuff on it. my plan was to hold out and save up some money to get it running but i couldn't wait. this bike is the total bastard child of all road bikes. campy cranks and bottom bracket, campy front brake, campy left shifter, campy front derailleur shimano, yup thats right SHIMANO, right shifter, shimano rear derailleur, cassette, and chain. shimano rear wheel, bontrager front wheel. and some various cockpit components. sadly i have no photos. i inaugurated the bike tonight with a 60 mile road ride. i feel great after wards, some thing i couldn't say about my old frame that was too big for me and set up as 1x9.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I was going to offer for you to borrow my Campy electron wheelset to get ya going (I would need them back for CX), but it sounds like you found a way to get up and running. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was able to find an american classic cassette, 10 speed, shimano splined, campy spaced. a buddy has a record rear der for me, and i can put 10spd guts in the 9spd shifter, so once i have the money, its going 10spd...

    ReplyDelete